Hooray! I’ve finished it and I think this is the fastest quilt I’ve made so far. Under a year, now that progress.
Little photo bomber……..
I mentioned it over here in January.
I bought the fabric last year at Jo-ann in Florida with the intention of making a quilt for our living room and even though I say so myself I think it goes perfectly.
I also feel like I employed some of my previously learnt skills on this one too. I measured correctly this time and I trimmed all the edges as I sewed. Being precise does not come naturally to me but I have learnt that it’s vital when piecing your quilt tops. I also used a technique I saw on one of the Creative Bug tutorials about how to secure your quilting stitches. By turning the size of the stitches down to very very very small you can start the line off, trim your threads and the quilted stitches stay secure. A great tip which saved so much time for me because previously I sewed all my loose threads into the quilt.
I’m still no expert and it isn’t perfect but I’m fine with that. Do a little, learn a little.
I wanted to get this finished before spring and before the 100 day project as I know I won’t be doing much crafty stuff other than making hearts on fabric till July.
Glad it’s finished and ready for the autumn, or right now as it’s been snowing again today!